The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance is committed to working with the emerging social media sector and independent reporters, columnists, journalists, bloggers and photographers who are capable of reaching wide audiences. The following list includes guidelines which The Amelia will use in order to determine eligibility to grant media credentials.
Media Credentials must be applied for and will be issued in the applicant’s name and a Photo ID will be required upon arrival. Online applications are due by February 21, 2022.
The Amelia strives to work with the best. We value individuals who have worked with us in the past or who have professional experience. The Amelia requires that outlets/individuals have a proven history, demonstrate professional standards and regularly produce original and quality content that can reach the target audience.
The approval of media credentials depends on the several factors:
- Previous relevant experience
- Examples of published work
- While our decision is never based on “the numbers”, we welcome applicants to submit monthly visitor traffic data or number of social media followers
- Media Credentials are for those who plan to cover the entire event as opposed to a single car. Exceptions will be made in special circumstances at the discretion of The Amelia
- All credential applications should be accompanied by a letter of assignment. The letter must be on company letterhead or sent from a verified company email address. Correspondance should state the name(s) of those covering The Amelia and their specific duties and/or titles (writers/photographers/videographers, etc.)
- If you are a free-lance writer or photographer you must also send a Certificate of Insurance (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/further clarification)
- A Media Credential Request Form must be submitted for each representative from your media organization and not organizations as a whole
- If you have questions on any of the above, do not hesitate to contact Chris Brewer (contact information below). Please know that each application is thoughtfully considered and, if necessary, we will reach out for further discussion and clarification before a final decision is made.
Media Room Access
- The Media Room is exclusively for those with media credentials as well as invited Hagerty guests and staff
- The Amelia has the right to reserve seating for deadline media and any other approved requests
- The Media Room is equipped with internet access and charging stations for your phones, laptops and other equipment
You will be notified by February 21, 2022 confirming or denying your request
If your credential request is approved, a photo ID will be required for credential pick up.
Drones and UAS are prohibited.
THE CREDENTIAL IS NOT TRANSFERABLE AND MAY BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME